1/1 Photo of Grapefruit Basil Sorbet
2 hrs 20 mins
Fat Free*Gluten Free*Dairy Free A diet-friendly treat that will knock your socks off!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling add the lemon zest, basil leaves and salt. Stir, remove from heat, and cover. Steep the basil leaves in the simple syrup for at least 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, add the lemon juice to a 4-cup measuring pitcher. Juice the grapefruits into the pitcher until you’ve measured 3 cups of combined juices.
- 3Strain the simple syrup and discard the basil leaves. Then mix the syrup with the juice. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or to speed up, put in the freezer for 1 hour.).
- 4Pour the sorbet mixture into an electric ice cream maker. Turn on and mix for 20+ minutes, until the mixture reaches a “soft serve” consistency.
- 5Eat immediately, or put in an airtight container and freeze.
- 6After frozen, allow the sorbet to sit out for 10-15 minutes to soften before serving.
- 7Makes approximately 1 ½ quarts of heaven!
- 8*If you don't own an ice cream machine, you could freeze the mixture and shave it with a spoon for "Italian Ice".
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit Basil Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (1926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1207.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 318.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 278.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g