Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Grapefruit-And-Fennel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pink grapefruit
- 12 cups gourmet salad greens
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fennel bulbs (about 2 bulbs)
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
Sweet Pink-Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Peel and section the grapefruit over a bowl, and squeeze membranes to extract juice.
- Set 3 cups sections aside, and reserve 1/4 cup juice for vinaigrette. Discard membranes.
- Combine grapefruit sections, salad greens, chopped fennel, and sliced onion in a large bowl.
- Drizzle salad with the vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.