Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really love martinis so I'm always looking for new recipes and variations. I found this recipe for a martini that sounds very interesting but I was very pleased at how refreshing and delicious it is!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon simple syrup (equal parts of sugar and water)
- 2 -3 basil leaves
- Muddle a couple of the basil leaves with the simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass or shaker.
- add the other ingredients, plus ice.
- Shake until very cold and pour into a martini glass.
- Place a nice-looking leaf in the drink.
I used 3 basil leaves per drink. I made 2 in the shaker. It's so yummy. The taste of basil is there but not overpowering. Great drink. Thanks for posting :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Use more than 2 basil leaves, and chop some in the drink, make sure everything is cold! So delicious :)
i had this on a whim in maui , and it was the best martini ive ever had. i dont like things too sweet , or too biting, and this was absolutely perfect, the best balance , and ive drank them ever since !! so glad i found this !!