- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce (separate leaves)
- 4 large avocados
- 2 (12 ounce) jars pink grapefruit, segments
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Before serving, cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the seeds, and carefully peel off the skin.
- Cut each half into 4 thick slices.
- Toss the avocado slices in the vinaigrette to prevent them from turning brown.
- Drain the jars of grapefruit, saving 1 cup of juice.
- Place butter lettuce on platter.
- Add avocado slices, grapefruit segments and slices of red onion.
- Spoon the vinaigrette on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.