Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a recipe from Tyler Florence. This is a sophisticated-looking appetizer just bursting with flavor. It's a bit time consuming to make, but worth it. When I made it, I ran out of ground nuts, yet still had cheese left over. I chopped up a few grapes, and sprinkled some chopped walnut pieces in the cheese and mixed it up for a nice bleu cheese spread, as a bonus. Prep and cook time includes chilling time.
- Mash the cream and bleu cheese in a bowl until they are combined well.
- Add the port.
- Mix until all ingredients are very well combined.
- Chill the cheese mixture for about an hour or two.
- Using a regular spoon, scoop some cheese into the bowl of the spoon and using a grape, scrape the cheese out of the spoon.
- Press the cheese around the grape and roll in your hands to completely cover it well.
- Roll the cheese-covered grape in the ground nuts.
- Continue with remaining grapes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Note: if you have leftover cheese, you can mix it with a few chopped nuts and some chopped grapes to make a delicious spread, too.