Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is out of a Costco cookbook and it is one of the best salads I've ever had. I made it for a potluck and everyone wanted the recipe. You don't want to use avocados that are too ripe or it will be mushy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 12 ounces naturesweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, just the leaves
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a salad bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Season again to taste.
Made for PAC Spring 08 Huge hit with the family! I don't think you can go wrong with these ingredients! I did leave the fresh thyme out. Everything else I left the same. We will be making this again. Thanks!!