Recipe by Whisper
The Finger Lakes region near us is known for its grapes in the fall. These bars are a great snack or dessert.
Top Review by caperberry
I really was looking forward to this recipe, but I followed the directions exactly and it came out more like a pudding than anything you could cut into squares! It was a tasty glop, but certainly nothing I would put out for company.
- 3 cups concord grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze grapes to separate pulp from skins.
- Boil pulp 5 minutes, then strain to remove seeds.
- Add skins to pulp and boil 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Add this to grape mixture along with the lemon juice, bringing to a boil again and cooking until thick.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press half of this mixture into a greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Spread with grape mixture.
- Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes until golden.