Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a wonderful sauce to top any kind of poultry after you plate the poultry. It’s also good over mashed potatoes. Any left over sauce can be frozen in plastic freezer bags, but do not defrost in a microwave. Allow to defrost naturally. Spoon over cooked poultry.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup white grape jelly
- 1 1⁄2 cups white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a double boiler, melt butter and stir in the flour.
- Once blended, add the chicken stock or broth and allow the mixture to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grape jelly, grape juice, dissolved cornstarch, and Splenda.
- Continue to cook and stir until thickened again.