Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Grape Salad With Walnuts and Bleu Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- wash, drain and remove from stems the red and green grapes.
- break walnuts into pieces, add to grapes.
- crumble bleu cheese, add half of bleu cheese crumbles to grape, walnut mixture.
- use fork to mix honey, salt and vinegar into remaining bleu cheese, crushing bleu cheese with fork.
- wisk in olive oil and pour over grape mixture, stirring to coat.
- store in refrigerator.
Made for PAC 2010. What a pretty salad. Great flavor, but I did have two suggestions. I tried 2 versions ... white wine vs champagne vinegar. I preferred the champagne, but both were very very good. And I thought the olive oil was strong. I tried it with grape seed oil and like it a bit more, but even with a good extra virgin the salad is still very good. You can serve this on it's own or put it over spring greens or even serve it in a pretty champagne glass as a salad serving. It was just a good salad. Thx for posting. I'm certainly going to make this again! Kim
My family and I have tried this salad from out local Central Market and have loved it but it became costly. Having found it here and followed the recipie it was an exact match and we have saved by making it at home. We all have a thing for different cheeses and bleu cheese hits the spot with the grapes, not to mention that the grapes dont always have to be the sweetest when you are going to make it in this salad. It is fun to make with the kids and a healthy snack for after school.