Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was served at our Women's Ministry Christmas Tea and had rave reviews. The recipe was given to us by a former church member.
- 4 lbs seedless grapes, stemmed, washed and completely dried
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Mix sauce ingredients together and refrigerate sauce for one hour before stirring into grapes.
- Gently stir the sauce and grapes together.
- Place mixture in a long, shallow dish.
- Cover with topping.
- If you make this the day before, add the topping one hour before serving.
This was good - and I would make again. I had 3 lbs of red grapes, so the ratio of grapes to sauce was a bit off, but the flavor combo was good. I used 3/4 cup of the topping, seemed like a lot of sugar to use it all. For us I think it was just right. (Used the rest for baked apples later.) Absolutely give the topping at least an hour to set as it absorbs moisture from the sauce making the texture of this dish that much better. Thank-you Chef #446539 for sharing this with us.