Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had this Grape Salad at my brother's house and just had to ask for the recipe. I find it simply delightful!
- 3 -4 lbs seedless grapes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Wash Grapes and let dry thoroughly.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- With a hand mixer, set on medium, mix until smooth.
- Add grapes and nuts; fold in with spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours and then enjoy.
Very good!! I thought I had cream cheese, but didn't and didn't have time to run out and get it so I substituted light Vanilla yogurt for it! Since it was already flavored, I only added 1 tsp vanilla and 1 Tbsp of sugar. I used red grapes and walnuts. Very light and refreshing! I'm glad I tried this and I'm sure I'll be making it again...probably with yogurt!
I have been making this for years and it is AWESOME. I use about 2-2.5 lbs. of grapes and 1 cup of walnuts. The combination of flavors is addicting! It makes such a nice summer salad, but can certainly be enjoyed year round. If you like grapes and nuts, you will not be disappointed!
Had never thought of this combination before, but it's an OMG recipe!! I used reduced fat cream cheese, sour cream and Splenda and it is so-o-o good. The textures and flavors are wonderful. Thanks, Carole in Orlando