Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This seemed like a very unusual relish and quite colorful. Definitely a change from the ordinary appetizers for the holidays.
- 1 lb red seedless grapes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 ounces finely chopped pitted green olives (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno chile
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts (1 3/4 oz)
- Cut grapes in half vertically, the long way.
- Toss grapes with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl, then roast on a foil-lined baking sheet until shriveled, about 25 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature on sheet on a rack.
- Toss together grapes with remaining ingredients and remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Spoon relish onto cheese crisps or other crackers and serve.