Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple, yet delicious Italian dessert. I got this from an Italian cooking class.
- 2 lbs seedless black grapes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon, juice of
- sugar (to taste if necessary)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Smash grapes. Reserve liquid. Simmer pulp over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and lemon juice. Add to boiling pulp. Cook until thinkened. Adjust taste with sugar if necessary.
- Pour into bowl or individual cups. Refrigerate until cold.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and serve.
Very good! I never knew what to do with an over abundance of grapes besides juice them. This would also make a great pie filling.