Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
I suggest that if you want a larger pie--you double the recipe, the above mentioned amounts make an 8-inch pie nicely,any larger and you "loose" the filling.I dare you to have anyone identify what this pie is made from!This recipe came from another client, Yvonne Gordon,My humor lady at the end of a long week.This lady always has a smile.(The prep time might be longer if you have to make your own pie crust)
- 1 cup seeded concord grapes (start with 2 cups before seeding)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon flour or 4 teaspoons small tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter, generous--size of a walnut
- You MUST use Concord Grapes.
- Seeding the grapes is not as hard as it sounds!
- Use a sharp knife and only slice one side of the grape and you can"flick" out the seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients together, Except the butter.
- Pour into 8-inch unbaked pie shell.
- Dot with the butter.
- Bake at 400* for 10 minutes,REDUCE temperature to 350* and bake a further 45 minutes.
Very good!! A bit time consuming seeding the grapes but well worth it. Thanks
It came out pretty good! I was afraid it wouldn't taste good because of the weird smell it had when it came out in the oven but with a little cooling and just a taste it was really yummy!