Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A deliciously different fruit pie. I like to use a combination of red and green grapes. Pie could be topped with a lattice crust instead of the leaf cut-outs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For filling, stir together grapes, brown sugar, flour, and grape juice; set aside.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust and crimp edges.
- Transfer filling into unbaked crust.
- Cover edge with foil; bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes more, or until filling is bubbly.
- Meanwhile, use a leaf cookie cutter to cut four leaves from the remaining pastry.
- Combine egg white and water.
- Brush leaf cut-outs with egg white mixture.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place cut-out on a cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Arrange leaf cut-outs on pie.
I think this pie is delish!! It tastes very much like a cherry pie. I loved it!
I needed to use up some grapes but I could have put them to a better use than this. It's not inedible, it's just that I know now I will avoid grapes in a pie. Also, my grapes were sweet but I still think it could use more sugar if someone else tries this.
Similar to the one I have made from BH&G. Mine calls wine instead of grape juice but same amount. Nice variation.