Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe I got from my favorite blogger Suzanne McMinn (yes, the romance novelist.) It is fantastic. I switched it up a little because of what I had on hand and nutrition issues... Here is the original recipe: http://chickensintheroad.com/farm-bell-recipes/concord-grape-pie/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash grapes (in skins) with water.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, butter, cornstarch, and 3 egg yolks.
- Stir in mashed grapes.
- Pour custard into pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until custard is firm.
- Beat up a meringue with 3 egg whites and remaining sugar. Top cooked pie with meringue and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Chill until room temperature and serve.