Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I found this recipe on vegefood.com and have made it so many times. We were vegetarians but eat meat again now. However, we still love the vegetarian recipes we used to make. My mom and sisters are all vegetarians so I make these old recipes when they come to dinner.
- 2 cups Grape-nuts cereal
- 2 cups chopped celery (fine, but not too fine)
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts (I use walnuts but you can use what you like)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 6 white button mushrooms, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (in seasoning aisle in a tin)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (brewers yeast)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (but I don't use it because the soy sauce is salty enough even though it's lite)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopelight brown George Washington broth (vegetarian seasoning powder)
- mushroom gravy, for top when serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except gravy and mix well.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a 9x13 pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and set (be careful not to burn as cooking time can vary with ovens).
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and top with brown or mushroom gravy.