- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and cereal; let stand for 10 minutes. Add egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients; stir into cereal mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into two greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.