Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I found handwritten in one of my old cookbooks. I honestly don't know what the bake time is. The comment was when it's golden and feels right. Cook times, therefore will be a guess.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour scalded milk over grapenuts and let sit 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add to milk and grapenuts.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle very generously with nutmeg.
- Set in a pan of hot water and bake until a knife inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean.