Recipe by newtocookingm&m
Snack, treat or perhaps breakfast bar! Yummy and semi healthy! Yes it has sugar, but grape nuts are nutritious! Grape-Nuts have natural fiber, whole grains, antioxidants, high in iron and folic acid! I bought a few boxes on sale but never want to eat them, lol! On the Post grape-nuts box it had a recipe for peanut butter bars which tasted okay, but I thought marshmallow would make them so much better and was right! So we adapted the recipe to meet my families likes. I think adding chocolate would of course be awesome too, but have not tried. So alter away! The recipe can be doubled. Original recipe said reduced fat peanut butter, and had an optional adding dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins or cherries adding at the time of the cereal.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Grape-nuts cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8x8 pyrex dish (or if doubling the recipe a 13x9).
- Microwave peanut butter, corn syrup and sugar in a medium size bowl on HIGH for 1minute. Stir and then stir in marshmallows and microwave 1more minute. Stir, if melted move on otherwise continue cooking 1minute at a time.
- Add Grape-Nuts cereal; mix well.
- Press cereal mixture firmly onto bottom of 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cool completely.
- Cut cereal mixture into bars. I kept in pyrex with the lid on but you can wrap individual bars with plastic wrap, store at room temperature.