Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
I recently tried these from a recipe on the Post Grape-Nuts Cereal box. Delicious! Robb
Make and share this Grape Nuts-Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine (3 sticks)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed to soften.
- Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in cereal, oats and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cooled 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
These are delicious! I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, very good.
These are wonderful - perfect for a sweet snack or for breakfast!
Robb, these are FANTASTIC. I made them for a church bake sale and they went over HUGE. When I make them again, I might just add another egg or egg white to get a better consistency for my personal taste. The crunchy Grape Nuts are wonderful with the oats. Such an unusual combo that lead to great texture.