Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
One of our favorite comfort foods and a Rhode Island tradition!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, flour, and grapenuts together.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart, well buttered or sprayed baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Check for doneness by inserting clean knife into center. The knife should come out clean and top should be golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.