Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great addition to breakfast. Hope you enjoy. (thanks to Sue Rector who gave up the recipe).
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- Soak buttermilk, Grapenuts and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt together.
- Add egg to buttermilk mix, then combine with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put in greased baking pans and let rest one hour.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- This will make two loaves.
- Better toasted, but tasty none the less.
Is 6 Tablespoons of baking powder correct?