Recipe by kwlabear
I adapted this recipe from the kraft website. I needed a high fiber, low fat muffin and this does the trick! Delicious. You'd never believe there were Grape Nuts in them!
Top Review by ShortieNJ
these were yummy. I replaced the margarine with some olive oil, and soaked both cereals in the milk since that wasn't specified. I got 18 muffins from this recipe. Note: do not use the cupcake liners, half the muffin sticks to the paper. I will definitely be making these again, thanks
- 295.73 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml Grape-nuts cereal
- 354.88 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml wheat bran, toasted
- 118.29 ml bran buds (Kellogg's All Bran cereal preferred) or 118.29 ml bran buds, of choice (Kellogg's All Bran cereal preferred)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml chunky applesauce
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 9.85 ml melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- In another bowl, pour in milk and cereal and let set 3 minutes.
- Stir in the egg, applesauce, sugar and margarine.
- Add to flour mixture and stir in the cereal of your choice.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden and done.