Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from the kraft website. I needed a high fiber, low fat muffin and this does the trick! Delicious. You'd never believe there were Grape Nuts in them!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup bran buds (Kellogg's All Bran cereal preferred) or 1⁄2 cup bran buds, of choice (Kellogg's All Bran cereal preferred)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons melted margarine
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- In another bowl, pour in milk and cereal and let set 3 minutes.
- Stir in the egg, applesauce, sugar and margarine.
- Add to flour mixture and stir in the cereal of your choice.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden and done.
these were yummy. I replaced the margarine with some olive oil, and soaked both cereals in the milk since that wasn't specified. I got 18 muffins from this recipe. Note: do not use the cupcake liners, half the muffin sticks to the paper. I will definitely be making these again, thanks
These are very good! I don't have to feel guilty for eating several at a time! I used All Bran cereal (what I had on hand) instead of the wheat bran and bran buds, and it worked fine. I will be making these again!
I was looking for a way to use up some grape nuts - yummy. I also added about a half cup of toasted walnuts.