Recipe by Renee Ferraz
Wonderful snack/breakfast bar for on the go people. Cook time is cooling time.
Top Review by chirocrowe
Made these for a recent weekend out with the hubs. I replaced some of the honey with molasses for all the nutrients it has to offer and flavor, too. We froze them, cut them into bite size pieces, and packed them to take around the disc golf course. The ones that were left toward the end of the day did get a bit crumbly, but it was pretty warm out (90-ish), and they were in the side pocket of his golf bag, so they were jostled around pretty well. I am making them again for a tournament this week. Love this recipe. Oh yeah...and our 5 boys loved them, too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Grape-nuts cereal (or use a generic barley nugget cereal)
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine honey and peanut butter over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, mixing well and spread into prepared pan.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to press into pan and flatten out.
- Put in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until cool and cut into bars.