Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This was my mother-in-law's recipe. It is very good. That is all I can say. If you like Grape Nut Pudding, I think you'll like this. I always double the original recipe, so the ingredients below are for the double one, but if you want a smaller one, you can cut it in half.
Top Review by sarahy207
Delicious! I had this at a restaurant for the first time recently, and decided to try and make it myself. It actually took mine closer to an hour and a half to bake. I just kept checking it, and it was done eventually. I used a cup of heavy cream and three cups of skim milk (because that was what I had) and it tasted excellent. I brought it over to the neighbor's cook out and it was a hit. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 cup post grape-nut cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Soak Grape-nuts in hot water for a short while.
- Put into the casserole.
- Add the butter, milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
- Bake in a pan of water in a 350°F oven for 30-45 minutes, maybe more, depending on your oven.
- Before taking out, check to see if it is firm in the middle.