1/3 Photos of Grape Leaves-Canning Recipe
Hey-if you have access to a grape vine and use grape leaves-why not make your own, or include a jar in your Christmas Basket.
My Private Note
- 1Pick grape leaves that are young, tender, and light green in color.
- 2Cut off stems and wash in cold water.
- 3In a large pot-6 quart or larger-bring water to a boil.
- 4Drop in leaves 12 at a time.
- 5Cook for 30 seconds, remove and plunge in ice cold water.
- 6Pat dry and stack 6 in each pile.
- 7Roll stack and tie with string.
- 8Bring the 1 quart water to a full rolling boil with the salt.
- 9Boil 5 minutes.
- 10Pack rolls of leaves in sterile, hot quart jars.
- 11(about 6 rolls per jar-and I remove the string).
- 12Pour hot brine over leaves, removing bubbles and leaving 1/8 inch head space.
- 13Seal and process in a boiling water bath 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.
- 14Consult chart for higher elevations.
- 15*It should be noted that this recipe says you can keep the string on-I did not.
- 16**To use open jar, remove rolls needed, rinse leaves in cold water and use.
- 17Store remaining leaves with their brine in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grape Leaves-Canning Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14002.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g