Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I spotted this and thought,"what a great and easy snack to create!",I have not tried it yet,but plan to.Sounds good! (Prep time includes freezing time)
- 1 pint grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Pour the juices& salt into refridgerator tray,freezing until solid.
- Boil the sugar and water for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly,pour into the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Beat constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Scrape thin layers of the frozen juice mixture,with inverted spoon.
- Put into the egg mixture,combining.
- Place back in the tray to freeze.
- After frozen,serve.
I really liked the idea of grape sherbet! The method seemed sound, but unfortunately the texture ended up being very gritty. The frozen juice never really incorporated to the egg white fluff. It seemed to, but when eaten, all you got was a mouthfull of icy grit. Maybe the frozen juice should have been thawed to slush before adding it? It tasted great, though.