Recipe by Indian Cook
A wonderful, economical recipe which gives both crystal clear juice and tasty jam from the same grapes. The juice turn a deep jewel like purple when you add the sugar. Makes a nice Christmas drink. Can reduce the amount of sugar to 3/4 Kg if health conscious!
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the grapes and separate from stem.
- Boil the grapes in just enough water to cover without stirring until grapes are cooked (skins split open and the grapes collapse)
- water should be pink.
- Remove from heat and filter the juice in a seive carefully without crushing the fruit. (If you crush the fruit, the juice will not be clear).
- FOR JUICE- Take the filtered pink water and add 1 Kg sugar and 1 tsp citric acid.
- Boil for 1 min only, remove from heat immediately and bottle.
- FOR JAM- if seedless grapes, put in a blender and make a puree, if seeds are present, rub through a seive to remove the seeds.
- Take the pulp, add1Kg sugar and 1 tsp citric acid. Boil till sheeting occurs on high heat.