Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't know where I got this recipe but I've been making them for years. My family loves them and every Christmas they always ask if "I'm gonna make those meatballs" !
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 (5 lb) bagsfrozen cocktail meatballs (I get these at Costco)
- Combine first three ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat until warm.
- Dump meatballs in crockpot and pour sauce over. Cook on low 3-4 hours.
Grape jelly meatballs are delicious and addicting! Please do not use He in cocktail sauce as the other reviewer stated: IT IS NOT THE SAME AS CHILI SAUCE! Cocktail has horseradish and chili sauce is just ketchup with spices, garlic, and onion. As an alternative, I sometimes use the grape jelly with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and ketchup.
I'm a little confused with the ingredients. Is it really 3 (5 lbs) bags of meatballs? That's 15 lbs of meatballs. Please forgive if I miss read. Thanks!
I've tried this at a friends house and fell in love. She told me the ingredients and it seems a bit odd, but it tastes amazing. Like a sweet exotic bbq sauce.
If any of you are wondering what Chili Sauce is (and cannot find it)... it's another name for cocktail sauce. It will be with the cocktail sauce (usually used with shrimp) near the ketchup and bbq sauce. Heinz brand says chili sauce, the other brand says cocktail and has a shrimp on it.