Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I don't know where I got this recipe but I've been making them for years. My family loves them and every Christmas they always ask if "I'm gonna make those meatballs" !
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 (5 lb) bagsfrozen cocktail meatballs (I get these at Costco)
- Combine first three ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat until warm.
- Dump meatballs in crockpot and pour sauce over. Cook on low 3-4 hours.
I've tried this at a friends house and fell in love. She told me the ingredients and it seems a bit odd, but it tastes amazing. Like a sweet exotic bbq sauce.
If any of you are wondering what Chili Sauce is (and cannot find it)... it's another name for cocktail sauce. It will be with the cocktail sauce (usually used with shrimp) near the ketchup and bbq sauce. Heinz brand says chili sauce, the other brand says cocktail and has a shrimp on it.
Made these today for a potluck. The soldiers there loved them, one even asked for the recipe. I couldn't find chili sauce, used ketchup and a dash of hot sauce. Also, if I had cooked these for 6 or 8 hrs there would of only been pieces of meat left, cooked for about 4 on low and that was perfect!!
Great appetizer! I`ve been making these for 25 years. Placed it all into a crock pot for everyone to help themself. Very easy & the kids love them. I add hot chili powder to it for an extra kick.