Top Review by Dee Grisham
This sauce works great with little smokies and is quick and easy to make the morning of a "feed" day at work. Just put it all in a crock pot and plug it in. By lunch, it's a big hit.
- 2 lbs lean beef, ground
- 1⁄4 cup potato, peeled, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, grated
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (13 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 (5 ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: 13 ounce bottle Heinz Chili Sauce 5 ounce jar grape jelly dash Worcestershire sauce Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to make meatballs the proper consistency; if the mixture becomes too dry and crumbly, add a little milk and continue. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into small meatballs.
- Brown meatballs, a few at a time, in a large skillet over medium- high heat. If meat is very lean, you may need to add a bit of oil to your skillet. Blend sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally or, transfer meatballs to a crock pot, and cook on low for several hours until done. Serve warm.