Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
From Womans Day magazine.
- 2 1⁄4 cups granola cereal (without raisins)
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar grape jelly
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray 13x9x2 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Finely crush 1 1/2 cups granola.
- Whisk together 2 1/2 cups flour,salt and crushed granola.
- In large bowl,beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg,then yolk,beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture (dough will be stiff).
- Set aside 3/4 cup dough.
- Press remaining dough over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir jelly in small bowl.
- Remove crust from oven and spread with jelly.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup granola and 1/2 cup flour to reserve dough,stir well,breaking into loose crumbs.
- Sprinkle over jelly layer.
- Bake for another 18 minutes or until jelly is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.
These are actually very good. I substituted teff and whole wheat flours, 3/4 c white sugar and used coconut oil. Stir the jelly really good or it will not spread. My kids loved these.