Recipe by libbyahall
This is a great salad to serve with a dinner for friends or at home. If I am making it for just me & my husband then I cut the recipe in half because this isn't a salad you want to have every night. Left over dressing goes well on wraps.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Now this is how I like spinach ~ UNCOOKED ~ & since my other half enjoys both spinach & feta, this was made especially for him, although I enjoyed it, too, & like finding new recipes that include feta! Refreshingly satisfying! Thanks for the keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1⁄2 cup aged red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 small shallots, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups red grapes, seedless and halved
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach or 1 (8 ounce) package spring greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Place red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and garlic cloves in a blender and pulse on high speed.
- Add the shallots and slowly incorporate the extra-virgin olive oil while blender is on high speed.
- Finish seasoning with black pepper.
- Allow the dressing to sit for 24 hours, refrigerated, before using.
- Place spinach, grapes, feta, and walnuts in salad bowl.
- Cover with dressing and toss.