Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Native American recipe is a great side dish for one of your regular meals.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1 tablespoon butter
- 48 ounces purple grape juice
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and shortening.
- Add 1/2 cup grape juice and mix into stiff dough.
- Roll dough very thin on floured board and cut into strips ½" wide (or roll dough in hands and break off pea-sized bits).
- Drop into boiling grape juice and cook for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve hot.