Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
United States Congressman The Honorable Steven C. LaTourette (Ohio) used his "Grape Dogs" recipe several years ago at a "Real Men Can Cook" contest for a charity in Lake County, Ohio and won. He says Grape Dogs are a crowd-pleasing appetizer at tailgate and cocktail parties, and also says the tangy sauce is delicious with meatballs.
- 24 fluid ounces chili sauce
- 8 fluid ounces grape jelly
- 20 hot dogs, sliced into ¾- to 1-inch pieces (mini, bite-sized hot dogs can also be used)
- Heat chili sauce in a medium saucepan until boiling.
- Blend in the jelly and stir in two packages of your favorite, sliced hot dogs.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm on toothpicks.
- Grape dogs can also be prepared in a crock-pot.