Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great fruit bread recipe that can be used with breakfast, brunch or as a dessert. It's not too sweet and the grapes can be substituted by other fruits, such as peaches, apples or pears. Cooking time includes cooling time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- Combine all ingredients except grapes; mix well.
- Fold in grapes.
- Oil and flour the bottoms of two loaf pans.
- Pour half of the batter into each pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; turn out onto wire rack and cool completely before slicing.