Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad can be served as a sandwich or as a salad. I've used it to stuff cucumbers with as well. It is always a crowd pleaser and incredibly easy to make.
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhite chunky cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise (add 1/2 cup for creamier salad)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 3 -4 celery ribs, washed and finely chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- Open and drain can of chicken, empty into 2 quart bowl and seperate chunks with a fork.
- add grapes, celery, onion, water chestnuts, and sugar.
- Next add mayo and dijon mustard and throughly mixed ingredients until evenly coated. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Great salad. I like it a a sandwich best.
I don't know what went wrong but I followed the recipe to a t and it just was not edible. Thanks for posting anyways.
My family absolutely raved about this recipe. My adult daughter wanted to lick the bowl. Her two year old ate every bite of his. So I would say this is a dish for all ages. It was easy to make, healthy and versatile. We made sandwiches with ciabata bread. It is a little messy that way. We all agreed that next time (and there will be a next time) we will put it in pita bread. Thanks T-3 for another great recipe!