Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the book, Caramel Knowledge
Make and share this Grape Caesar's Ghost Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium apples
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen juice concentrate (other grape drink is fine as well)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- Peel, core and slice the apples and put them in a buttered 9" square pan.
- Combine the grape concentrate and the tapioca and pour over the apple slices. (Author's note: Yes, it looks odd, but be patient. It tastes fine).
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the sugar.
- Combine the egg, milk and melted butter and stir gently into flour mixture.
- Spread over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.