Recipe by S. Merrill
This is a wonderful Caesar Salad with a twist from added grapes and Swiss cheese. I served it last Saturday evening for my husband's birthday dinner with rave reviews from guests. You can make it a little easier on yourself by using packaged Caesar croutons, and if you are watching calories, I would recommend "Ken's Steak House Lite Caesar" dressing. I think it is great substitution. Cooked, chunked chicken added makes a great main dish salad
Top Review by Chef Decadent1
Thankyou- this was a very light, unique, and refreshing caesar salad...we really enjoyed it. The dressing was very flavorful. We enjoyed it with the grapes and I think it would be equally as good with our without ,depending on your preference.......thanks for sharing this will now be a household fave:)
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup grated gorgonzola or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Parmesan Cheese Croutons
- 1 cup small bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces into bowl. Add grapes and Gorgonzola, or Swiss cheese, and toss. Sprinkle croutons and Parmesan cheese over salad. Pour some of the dressing over salad and toss, taste, and add more dressing as desired.
- Parmesan Cheese Croutons:.
- Toss bread cubes with butter and Parmesan cheese in skillet. Toast over moderate heat until golden brown; stir frequently.
- Lemon Dressing:.
- Measure olive oil into small bowl. Whisk in lemon juice until completely combined. Whisk in remaining ingredients and serve.