4 hrs 5 mins
This recipe is posted by request. I want a jar ;-)
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stainless or enamel pot add grapes and water.
- 2Heat to medium high and mash grapes.
- 3Continue to cook as mixture thickens, about 30 minutes.
- 4Stir frequently.
- 5Put grapes and juice through a food mill to remove seeds.
- 6Return pulp to pot and cook over medium low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring frequently.
- 7You may need more cooking time depending on the amount of juice your grapes hold.
- 8When product is quite thick place a drop of grape butter on a frozen plate.
- 9If you get a ring of fluid around grape butter drop you need to continue to cook.
- 10Repeat test until no liquid ring appears.
- 11At this point taste and add honey if you wish.
- 12When done, ladle butter into clean, hot sterile jars leaving 1/2 inch head space and seal.
- 13Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grape Butter
Serving Size: 1 (2538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.8
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 132.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g