Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is posted by request. I want a jar ;-)
Make and share this Grape Butter recipe from Food.com.
- In a large stainless or enamel pot add grapes and water.
- Heat to medium high and mash grapes.
- Continue to cook as mixture thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Put grapes and juice through a food mill to remove seeds.
- Return pulp to pot and cook over medium low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring frequently.
- You may need more cooking time depending on the amount of juice your grapes hold.
- When product is quite thick place a drop of grape butter on a frozen plate.
- If you get a ring of fluid around grape butter drop you need to continue to cook.
- Repeat test until no liquid ring appears.
- At this point taste and add honey if you wish.
- When done, ladle butter into clean, hot sterile jars leaving 1/2 inch head space and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.