Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I prefer blue cheese over stilton in this recipe.
Make and share this Grape/Bleu Cheese/Walnut Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb green seedless grape
- 1⁄4 lb red seedless grapes
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled or 4 ounces blue cheese (any good quality)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
***BASIC FOCCACIA DOUGH***
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using your fingers, press the focaccia dough ut into a 12-inch circle, about 1/4 -inch thick, onto a round baking sheet (I use a rectangular cookie sheet). Brush with olive oil.
- Season the bread with salt and white pepper.
- Press the grapes into the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese and walnuts over the dough. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Place on wooden board and slice.
- BASIC FOCCACIA DOUGH: Place all ingredients in bread machine in the order suggested for YOUR machine. Process on Doug h/ Manual cycle.
Great combination of flavors! Better at room temperature than hot! I toasted 1 cup walnuts in a medium-hot iron skillet, chopped them pretty finely, then added 1/4 cup to my crust, and saved the rest for the topping. I used Gorgonzola and 2 cups red and black seedless grapes, instead of a red/green combination! I omitted the egg wash, and immediately baked the foccacia on a Pyrex pizza pan, after it was assembled. Tagged for my Oh sooooo blue theme for My-3-Chefs 2013.