Recipe by Starrynews
A nice preparation for quinoa. The roasted grapes develop a really nice flavor and add a great dimension. I found this on a recipe card at the grocery.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the quinoa by bringing the chicken broth to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Fluff quinoa.
- Combine grapes, 1 T olive oil, and 1 T balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Spread grapes out on a rimmed baking sheet (it develops some liquid) and bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine quinoa, grapes and their liquid, feta cheese, dried currants, slivered almonds, parsley, and shallot, and mix well.
- Combine remaining 1 T olive oil and 1 T balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Drizzle oil and vinegar mixture over quinoa and toss to coat.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.