Recipe by TGirl,RN
This is a refreshing fruit salad with a light citrus dressing that will be a hit on any buffet or potluck menu. Simple to make, and delicious to eat-this needs to chill for at least an hour before serving. This recipe will serve 50 to 54 people.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Delicious! I did scale it down for us and did to taste, not measure precisely. I omitted the honeydew as it had gone bad. I used red seedless watermelon, baby cantaloupes, red seedless grapes, no green grapes this time as I didn't have them on hand, definitely less sugar, plus the rest of the citrus fruits freshly squeezed. I will make this again and include all the fruit called for and no sugar if it is just for myself or less as last time.
- 1 watermelon
- 3 honeydew melon
- 3 cantaloupe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green seedless grapes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red seedless grapes
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all melon flesh into cubes, or use a melon baller.
- Combine sugar and all fruit juices, then pour over fruit, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour, and use a slotted spoon when serving.
- Serving suggestion: Instead of serving the fruit salad out of a regular bowl, try cutting the watermelon in half length-wise, remove flesh as instructed above, then use the empty'shell' as the serving bowl for the finished fruit salad.