Recipe by Olha
Baked in the oven for a quick brunch, Italian sausages, mushrooms, red onions, eggs, milk mozzarella cheese and tomatoes with herbs.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage or 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously grease large oven proof skillet or large shallow baking dish; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into skillet and fry over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until sausage is no longer pink; drain well and transfer to bowl.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and sauté until onion is soft but not brown.
- Stir into sausage.
- Blend in remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn into prepared dish.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 34 minutes.