Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Uranium Cafe, Grants, New Mexico—one of their specialties.
- 6 -7 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb pasqual's chorizo sausage (or other bulk chorizo)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained (preferably yellow hominy)
- Break eggs into a bowl; add in cream, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk just long enough to combine; set aside.
- Add the chorizo to a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Fry until well browned and cooked, breaking it into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add enough butter to the drippings to make about 2 tablespoons of fat.
- When the butter is melted, add in the hominy and heat through.
- Scoop out about ½ cup of the hominy mixture and reserve; lower the heat to med-low.
- Pour in the egg mixture; cook 3-4 minutes, frequently stirring up from the bottom with a spatula, until the eggs form soft curds and are lightly set but still look a little runny (do not overcook).
- Remove from the heat and stir an additional time or two.
- Top each portion with some of the reserved hominy; serve immediately.