Recipe by sweet daddy apples
This is a recipe I got off my Gran. I haven't made it myself yet but I know its good :)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee
- 3⁄4 cup marsala
- 250 g sponge cake fingers
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered icing sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and coffee in small bowl, stir until dissolved. Stir in ½ cup (125ml) of the marsala then allow to cool.
- Dip half the biscuits in coffee mixture. Place biscuits in single layer over base of 2.5 litre (10 cup) dish.
- Beat cream and icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Combine mascarpone and remaining marsala in large bowl, fold in cream mixture.
- Beat eggs and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Gently fold egg mixture into mascarpone mixture. Spread half the combined mixture over biscuits in dish.
- Dip remaining biscuits in coffee mixture; place over cream layer.
- Top biscuits with remaining combined mixture, cover, refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Dust with sifted cocoa (or drinking chocolate) and serve with berries, if desired.