Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My gran gave me this recipe for my first hen party. I don't know where she got it from, but it's a stunning cake. Hope you enjoy!
- Line a 20 cm diameter cake tin with wax paper.
- Heat oven to 180°C or 350°F while preparing mixture.
- Sift together sugar, flour, salt, cocoa.
- Stir to mix.
- Add vanilla essence to egg yolks.
- Stir together.
- Add baking powder to egg whites.
- Beat well to a froth.
- Add boiling water to oil and stir vigorously into dry ingredients.
- Add in egg yolk mixture and stir.
- Fold in egg white mixture.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for approximately 30 minutes.
- For icing:.
- Once cake has cooled down, mix ingredients and ice cake.