Recipe by DallasDiva22
A great rice pudding recipe made from instant rice. It was my mom's favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat water to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 5 minute Blend eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Mix in rice and raisins. Pour into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Place the casserole pan into a larger pan and pour very hot water in about 1 1/4 inch deep. Bake about 70 minute or till knife insterted in center comes out clean. Remove casserole pan from water. Serve pudding warm or cold.