Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is always in my house. My family loves this recipe with or without milk. This is really good with yogurt too!
- 6 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts (your choice I like pecans and almonds)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (not olive oil)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I really like almond) or 1 teaspoon almond extract (I really like almond)
- 1⁄2-1 cup dried fruit, of your choice (I sometimes leave the fruit out)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix oats, sugar, salt, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Heat honey and oil over med low heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add extract.
- Pour over oats and mix to coat.
- Pour onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 miutes stirring halfway through- be sure not to over cook, granola will crisp while cooling.
- Add dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.
Best Granola EVER! I used 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup pecans and added some ground flax seeds, wheat germ, and sun flower seeds for extra healthiness! I love how this is so easy to add variations! Thanks!
Great granola and easy to make. My whole family loved it, even my younger teenage brother. Glad I doubled the recipe.